Location: San Diego
RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. The company is focused on improving survival of people with cancer by harnessing the power of targeted radioisotopes. RayzeBio is developing innovative drugs against targets of solid tumors. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist in Radiochemistry. As a key member of the RayzeBio R&D team, he/she will take responsibility for radiolabeling of peptides and small molecules, perform all necessary characterization, and optimize radiolabeling conditions for novel compounds. This position is a part of a cross functional team and supports different activities for in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Develop radiochemistry methods using radioisotopes such as Lu-177, Ac-225, Cu-64 and Ga-68 for the preparation of radiolabeled peptides and small molecules.
- Develop and execute methods for the characterization of radiolabeled compounds, using techniques such as radio-HPLC and radio-TLC.
- Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
- Ensure radiation safety during radiosynthesis and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and troubleshoot.
- Present at meetings to provide timely input to progress the programs forward.
- Maintain inventory and detailed records in a lab notebook.
Education and Experience
- BS or master’s in Chemistry, or related field.
- 2 or more years of experience in drug discovery. Experience with radiolabeling would be preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $115,000 commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Life, Accidental Death, Personal Loss, and Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Equity/stock options
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
To apply, please send CV to email@example.com