RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. The company is focused on improving survival of people with cancer by harnessing the power of targeted radioisotopes. RayzeBio is developing innovative drugs against targets of solid tumors. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Radiochemistry, the Radiochemist will help support the establishment of a new Development laboratory which supports RayzeBio’s Radiopharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Indianapolis. The Radiochemist will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, qualification, and validation of analytical and radiochemical equipment for the QC and Development labs. Upon establishment of the laboratory and program, this position will utilize a wide range of analytical and radiochemical disciplines to support the advancement of novel targeted radiopharmaceuticals from the R&D phase through clinical development to GMP commercial radiopharmaceutical production. Additional responsibilities may include the onboarding of new technologies, process development, routine equipment maintenance, GMP operations & QC support, and future facility expansion projects.
- Provide technical expertise in working with offsite vendors and RayzeBio MS&T and RA/QA teams in the installation and qualification of all laboratory equipment in a GMP environment.
- Participate in method transfer activities from CMO or internal research facility to the production and QC teams, ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
- Operation, maintenance, and calibration of alpha and gamma spectroscopy instrumentation.
- Operation, maintenance, and calibration of ICP-MS and ICP-OES instrumentation.
- Assist in the writing of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and related documents.
- Assist in the routine calibration and maintenance of all laboratory equipment and materials.
- Participate in troubleshooting and investigations of analytical issues, identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with GMP regulations, safety guidelines, and quality standards.
- Work with RSO to ensure laboratory compliance with the radiation safety programs.
- Provide technical support to other teams or business units as required.
- Source and on-board analytical technologies as required.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry, Science, or relevant field with 5+ years of analytical or radiochemistry experience
- MS/PhD in Radiochemistry or relevant field with 2+ years of analytical or radiochemistry experience
- Experience with pharmaceuticals or radiopharmaceuticals strongly preferred
- Experience with alpha, beta, and gamma emitting radionuclides preferred
- Highly preferred experience with ICP and alpha/gamma spectroscopy instrumentation and method development
- Highly motivated and organized professional with the ability to work both with a team and independently
- Multi-disciplined scientist with GMP experience
- Very personable with strong communication skills
- Excellent professional ethics, integrity, and ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be comfortable working in a controlled environment with ionizing radiation and able to lift 50 lbs.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with bonus, stock options, and full benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Life, Accidental Death, Personal Loss, and Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Equity/stock options
- Paid Time Off
- Company paid holidays
Please apply through our RayzeBio LinkedIn