RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Having raised over $250M in 2020 from an elite group of healthcare investors, the company is focused on improving survival of people with cancer by harnessing the power of targeted radioisotopes. RayzeBio is developing innovative drugs against targets of solid tumors. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
We are seeking highly motivated Research Associate/Associate Scientist. This position is divided into 2 main functions. The first function (~70%) is predominantly laboratory/wet bench based and requires strong experimental experience with cell culture and routine cell-based or biochemical assay execution. The second function (~30%) is to assist with general lab operations support as well as data curation, QC, and upload to internal databases. The candidate will be an integral part of the biology group and will support various project teams and assay development efforts.
- BS in the life sciences including but not limited to Biology, Cellular or Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry, or Bioengineering
- 2+ years cancer biology or drug discovery experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, or in an academic drug discovery setting
- Expertise running routine biochemical and cell-based assays ,such as ELISA and flow cytometry, and delivering high quality, reproducible data with meticulous attention to detail on a routine basis
- Cell culture skills including human and / or mouse tissue culture, cell expansion, banking, and characterization
- Willingness to learn new laboratory techniques and operate various scientific equipment
- Prepare technical presentations, data summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Maintain up-to-date, detailed experimental entries in an electronic lab notebook
Lab Operations / Data Curation Support (~30%):
- Assist with managing laboratory supply inventories and placing orders
- Assist with re-stocking tissue culture room, general lab, and stock room supplies
- Assist with ensuring routine equipment QC and calibration, with some interaction with external vendors
- Assist current lab manager with routine tasks and help to ensure safe and operational lab environment
- Experience with data QC and regular upload to electronic databases such as CDD vault or similar
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, GraphPad prism.
- Ability to work independently, excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated drive and commitment for scientific excellence.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with bonus, stock options, and full benefits
To apply please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org