RayzeBio is a dynamic biotechnology company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Having raised $250M from an elite group of healthcare investors, the company is focused on harnessing the power of targeted radiotherapeutics to improve survival of people with cancer. Led by a successful and experienced entrepreneurial team, RayzeBio is developing innovative drugs against targets of solid tumors and aims to be the global leader in radiopharmaceuticals.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Research Scientist, Research Informatics and Data Analytics to join a cross-functional research team whose goal is to discover transformative medicines for life-threatening oncology indications. In this position, the successful candidate will build and maintain a data warehouse, work with research scientists to build tools to facilitate curation and data upload from in-house and external partners. Build data analytics tools to identify SAR (structure activity relationships), trends and correlations. Apply data analytics tools and machine learning methods to develop relationships, correlations, and predictive models. The candidate will prepare and present resulting data analytics and predictions to project leaders and company leadership.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintain and optimize informatics platform, including database optimization, data upload and extraction facilitation.
- Collect, compile and aggregate data from disparate sources. Build tools for data upload to database.
- Incorporate commercial and in-house built software tools to facilitate data workflows.
- Review and analyze data and build relationship and predictive models.
- Build capability to integrate database outputs into informatics and lab automation workflows.
- Prepare and present analysis during project meetings and to company leadership.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent degree) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or compensatory experience and a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Experience and flexibility applying machine learning and related techniques to solve real-world.
- Experience with Python/R, and Java/C++.
- Curious and accomplished problem finder and problem solver, able to think both creatively and methodically.
- Strong interest in applying data analytics and machine learning to biotech related problems and data.
- Understanding of Chemistry/Biology or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow into the job.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary with bonus, stock options, and full benefits
To apply please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org